I have a new top! With sleeves, and my own dyed creation. There were small hints to this during me-made-may. I originally had a dress planned for my birthday,as my new tradition is to make or wear something new for my birthday, this year was no different.. The day before my birthday my dress was looking frumpy and unwearable so I changed tactics. The day before that I had dyed a ton of fabric (didn’t you know summer was fabric dying season!) including some natural linen. I was pondering a simple scout, and that’s what I made. I added in some improv pleats at the shoulders for a bit of difference and some cute floral binding from my stash that I bought in Paris,and voila, birthday girl content!The fabric was a bit of an experiment. It was a natural linen that I got from my nana that has been lingering in my stash waiting for it’s time to shine. I had forgotten about the fabric altogether since it was plain and boring and white, I’m not a fan of un-patterned white, easy to stain, not much interest, I’m more of colourful person. So it was forgotten, until I was tidying fabrics into a new home when I stumbled on this stuff again, into the dying bucket it went! I didn’t even iron the thoroughly creased linen, but this only created more interest. Now it has futuristic lines where the fabric was creased. I’m super happy with the final result. The pattern is grainline’s scout t-shirt, but not really.It’s been subjected to my terrible grading and the sleeves were lost so I used my sleeve blocks. This version was actually based on this tank from last year. The pattern still fits well thankfully! I’m also wearing this necklace.
On another note I’m going to the grafton next week! I finally get to make a super cool woven fabric jacket, like this but for way way less! I also loved it being worn by this girl too! Think brown and black wools, slightly lightweight = a nice transition jacket for spring or Irish summers, although this summer has been amazing so far, I know most people would consider 20 degrees as cold-ish but in Ireland it’s perfect beach weather! I’ll have more news soon, but for the moment I’ll leave with this track that I’ve been currently obsessing with.
EXAMS ARE OVER! So happy! Although for a while this weekend I was like “what do I do?” (i’m too used to studying!) Anyhoo… this is my tank, made with liberty fabric. I love the colour of this top, I can definitely see myself wearing this loads!
Please excuse the horrificnuss of my face (desperately blurred out), I’m a really unphotogenic person. Back to the top, I used grainline‘s scout tee pattern, again, previously used here, here and here. I also have another one planned! For this one I had a curved hem for which I will soon release a tutorial on.
The insides are french seamed and the neckline and armholes have bias binding. I love the finished result, especialy the inside.
A big closeup of the print, I know it’s faces but it’s kinda cool. I love the art nouveau style of the drawing too!
I’ll release the tutorial soon but for now I’ll leave you with this!
I’ve been on a sewing frenzy! This is my latest enstalment. I made this yesterday and couldn’t wait to wear it today.
I’ve posted about this fabric before. I love it, even though it’s as light as muslin and I can only wear this top with a vest underneath. Ah well, it is Armani lace though!
I used the same grainlines scout tee which I previously posted about. For this one I made it abit longer but I think it works well. I love this top, and although it’s ultra thin I’ll get alotta wear out of it. Particuarly with cardigans such the one I’m wearing. All in all it’s a cute little top!
This is a close up of the lace. I’m in love with it. I wish I’d bought the whole bolt of the stuff.
I have a pair of shorts planned with this DIY so I’ll be back!
Say hello to my new tank. The fabric for this I got from my nana. I was overjoyed when I saw the print! I was then saddend to find that there wasn’t enough to make a top, then she also handed me some green linen of the same amount as the cotton. I then decided, what if I combined them!(miny lightbulb cue)
For the pattern I used grainline‘s scout tee. I modified it slightly, I made the armholes bigger, both necklines deeper and I also made the overall shape a little bit more A-line. It still looks preety much the exact same as the origional but…. ah well.
Here’s a better view of the combo. Rather nice, don’t you think. To top it all off I did all flat-felled seams and did homemade bias-binding for neck and armhole egdes. I used turquoise thread, which be easier to see in the top photo. To finish the whole top off, I added some crochet lace to the neckline. I used grey thread to sew it in place and it looks silvery!
Sorry ’bout the wrinkles! I wasn’t bothered to iron it 😀
I also wanted to show you this (look out below…!)
I, like so many others, have finally gotten a fashionary. I love this thing! On the left I have my knitting projects and on my right I have my sewing ones. I have more sewing ideas but I’ve only done these sketches as of late.
Good luck to all of your crafty/ design and fashion endevours!